Faculty Exhibition Proposal Information
Faculty are encouraged to submit exhibition proposals for the Martin Museum of Art. The Martin welcomes several different types of proposals, including:
- Individual Artist Exhibitions
- Multiple Artist Collaborations
- Curated Contemporary Exhibition (for Curators who want to develop exhibitions featuring groups of artists)
- Curated Historical Exhibitions (for Historians who want to develop exhibitions with historical context
- Third Party Organizations (for artist coalitions, other museums, and similar institutions who want to work with the Martin)
Proposals need to include CV/Resumes where appropriate, applicable fees and costs as available, and how the proposal benefits the Department of Art & Art History. Please provide images and/or links to artwork, previous exhibitions, or any appropriate materials related to the proposal.
Martin Museum of Art staff are available to answer questions and provide assistance as needed.
Deadlines for Consideration
To be included on the February meeting, proposals should be submitted on or before January 31.
To be included on the September meeting, proposals should be submitted on or before August 31.
Museum Floor Plans
11 ft. 9 in. walls (click below to see floor plans)
10ft wall in Gallery One (32 ft. wall)
82 linear feet
72 linear feet
80 linear feet
All exhibition proposals are submitted to the Martin Museum Advisory Committee for review and voting. The committee meets twice a year, in February and September, to review proposals. Once a vote is taken and a decision reached, the contact person for the proposal will be emailed regarding the outcome.
Please note that the Museum plans multiple years in advance. Depending on your preferred space, it may be up to 3 years before your exhibition can be shown, if accepted. If you have any questions, please contact us at The Martin Museum.